Facing serious back problems, Cliven Bundy’s lawyer is trying to withdraw from the Bunkerville standoff case.
Attorney Joel Hansen said in court papers last week that he is preparing to have back surgery later this year and will be unable to participate in the criminal trial, which is set to begin on Feb. 6.
“Due to my health issues, I do not believe that Cliven Bundy could receive a vigorous and effective defense if I were forced to stay on the case,” Hansen said. “
And since I may probably be disabled for up to 12 weeks between now and the trial, there is no way I can be properly prepared to attend the trial.”
Hansen said he has recruited another lawyer to take his place but did not identify the lawyer.
Read the whole story at: Cliven Bundy lawyer wants off Bunkerville standoff case – Las Vegas Review-Journal